As important as individual leadership is, having a powerful and effective leadership team is critical to successfully addressing the big issues to achieve success.
How do you know if your leadership team is high performing? Typical characteristics include:
- Solidarity – Behaving as a mutually supportive team
- Alignment – Demonstrating clear agreement on direction
- Focus – Sharing a clear and unambiguous set of joint priorities
- Action – Owning & driving plans and actions to deliver the priorities
- Communicate – Consistently & constantly reinforcing the key messages
- Leading by example – Role modeling the espoused values and behaviours of the organisation
These outcomes require the team to excel both in â€˜hardâ€™ areas and also on the â€˜softâ€™ issues.
Our High Performance Leadership Team process will accelerate your development whilst addressing the key issues facing the organisation.
Because every team is different we will work with you to develop a programme that matches your needs. Developing a High Performance Leadership Team is a journey which requires learning and reinforcement.
Understanding the perspective and priorities of each of the team members
- Creating engagement and buy in from each person
- Using our diagnostic tools to compare the team with best practice
- Agree the programme and initial agenda
- Developing a shared understanding of the similarities and differences in perspectives
- Considering the diagnostics and comparisons with best practice
- Developing self and mutual awareness
- Agree priorities and actions
- Reviewing actions and monitoring outcomes
- Hone and reâ€“communicate priorities
- Building trust and confidence
- Making mutual commitments