Aldermore is one of the UK’s fastest growing challenger banks. This rapid growth, coupled with several business acquisitions, meant that little time had been invested in front-line management development. Many of the front line team had been promoted due to technical expertise without being given the skills and training to lead their teams effectively.
- Provide managers with a comprehensive toolkit of skills to enable them to effectively manage their teams.
- Improve performance management and ensure difficult conversations were not avoided but tackled in a constructive and positive manner.
- Increase engagement across the organisation by improving communication and ensuring the correct methods are used.
We worked with Aldermore to deliver a programme that was engaging and accessible. We used our knowledge and expertise of delivery within the financial sector to design an innovative programme that would have a long-lasting and sustainable impact on front line managers. To guarantee success, we made sure that:
- We involved the executive management team from the start to provide momentum and buy-in to the programme.
- A project team including 8 senior leaders helped to shape the content.
- A 3 day programme would run over a 5 month period to allow for conscious practice and self- reflection.
- All delegates received 360 feedback and a 1:1 with their line manager prior to the programme to increase engagement before Workshop 1.
- The programme was co-delivered by an internal facilitator to make it truly sustainable.
- Increased levels of ownership and responsibility.
- Managers gained cross–functional insight into other departments, sharing knowledge, experience and best-practice.
- Clear behaviour changes were identified in workshop reviews by participants.
- 36% improvement in participant confidence to have a difficult performance conversation.
- 32% improvement in being able to concentrate on the long-term instead of fire-fighting.
- 40% improvement in participants feeling they had the skills to coach their team effectively.
What the client said:
“I can tell which of my colleagues have been on the course and the positive impact it s had through better language, communication and behaviours”.
“I’ve realised I’m great at managing my team on process, but I don’t inspire them”.