Effective Project Management for All
Many managers find themselves managing projects – sometimes modest in scale and often not even recognised as a project. Nevertheless effective delivery requires proactive management of tasks and people to ensure delivery.
Our highly practical workshop provides lay managers with the principles and tools they need to manage a project, and perhaps as importantly, the impact on other people. We show you how to manage planning and implementation to ensure a smooth running project and sustained business impact.
Recommended for anyone required to implement or manage project, needing the practical tools, templates and techniques to ensure effectiveness. Not intended for full-time project managers or as a substitute for PRINCE 2 training.
- Understand why and when to use core project management techniques.
- Understand and practice using key tools including: charting project territory and deliverables, project plan, accountabilities, issues and risks, stakeholder management, communication plan, review processes.
- Learn how to engage others in your project to minimise resistance.
- Complete key project management tools for participants own live project.
- What is project management?; stages of a project.
- People in projects – roles and recipients.
- It’s all about Planning.
- Taking the brief; project on a page – the Charter.
- Who’s doing what? – the RACI.
- Who do you need on side? – Stakeholder management.
- Who needs to know what? – Communication planning.
- Reviewing and closing the project.
- Diagnosing your own project.
- Coaching on your project – active help to improve management of live projects.
- Planning for improved project management.
- Committing to continued development.