Pragmatic Programme Management
Effective Programme Management
To deliver successful change can take up to 5 years – or even longer – with many obstacles to navigate en route. Effective programme management provides a pragmatic framework that enables organisations to successfully deliver both the technical and cultural aspects of change and ensure a robust blueprint for the future.
This workshop provides (senior) managers with the principles and tools they need to lead complex programmes to ensure the vision is delivered and embedded.
It is recommended for anyone required to deliver substantial change across an organisation or strategic business unit.
By the end of the workshop, attendees will understand:
- The importance of programme management principles and approaches… and when to use them.
- The main programme management tools… and be able to use them.
- When to recognise problems… and how to keep the programme on track.
- What programme management is and isn’t – differences between programme management, portfolio management, project management, change management and ‘business as usual’
- Where programme management fits
- People in programmes – roles and relationships
- Programme leadership and management
- Visioning & stakeholder engagement
- Programme governance
- Programme definition and sequencing
- Designing the new reality
- Planning programmes
- Delivering capabilities and benefits; business case management
- The ‘Programme Office’
- Quality management
- Closing things down